Monday, March 23, 2015

What I Learned In A Sandbox of Angels: Blogging thru the "Booing" on Amateur Night @ The Apollo


What I Learned In A Sandbox of Angels: Blogging thru the "Booing" on Amateur Night @ The Apollo

I've wondered everyday since I started this blog when the first obstacle would present itself. Now that it has, I've responded differently then I imagined I would. Of course it was criticism and well some was constructive, a majority of it was not. Naturally I was taken back by it, the valid points stuck with me and the negative ones will drive me. The grammar errors I come out and acknowledge from the get go. But to tell me the message doesn't make sense or it made your head hurt because of my lack of ability isn't happening. Nope. This is my boomerang blog; coming back stronger in faith and my belief system alone, then some sent my way. This is the part of my personality that Luke overwhelmed in a positive manner the most. Always be believing. I'll just carry my tune of positivity harder. Blogging thru the booing at Amateur night.

What is a blog? Someone fill me in because I honestly don't know? To me this is a platform to get a message across, that changed not just the person I am or will become but also my intent and vision for life. I love sports so let's use Quarterback vision as a way to get my point across. Do you see the whole field or just a fraction of it? Meaning do you see the big picture in life or you just worried about your corner only. The latter is most assuredly the most common. America- Land of the Selfish. This blog is my platform to give back what's been given to me. I don't need anyone to think like me...But think with me at least. How do we make our world a better place? First by changing how we think. To create change you must first see opportunity. Change is as much awareness as effort or time consumed in creating the desired change. I came to the awareness that due to what was given to me by an angel I'll forever remember as Luke I owed it to my belief system to just do this. So I'm not looking for "readers" necessarily,  I'm looking for people that "hear me" and also see change as a necessary opportunity worth seizing.

Luke is a friend that passed away far too soon but was the most prevalent influence in a sandbox of angels and blessings that is the driving force in this blog. He changed my vision while he was fighting for his life. Pretty sure he had every right to worry about his corner only, who wouldn't?! Here we are in 2015, our country's problems have grown to levels I've never witnessed in my life. Selfish we are, finger pointing and offending each other in general as a society. Divided society? Let's not sugar coat it. So this is my platform to get a more positive message across because it's in all of us to be better on our own merit. Happiness is a choice and your actions are under your direct control more times then not. We are humans after all. But Luke if you hear me from Heavens gates this is for you my man. Passion in its truest and most authentic forms is most beautiful thing in life. Luke was a human soul on fire. This is whole blog idea is a reflection of that memory.

Grammar errors huh? I pick one of the most open to criticism topics(society and our direction) this side of politics and I get messages from people talking about grammar? Allen Iversons famous quote I think applies here, just insert grammar in place of practice("Man we are talking about grammar(instead of practice), grammar man".) I know I have grammar errors I even acknowledge it. But is it so bad the goal of the message can't get across at all? That I find hard to believe and if so, someone please help me then! Insult me for not being successful in making you think at all, even once, about what you/we can do to make our world better. But grammar?! Come on people, really?! With that being said I'll pay more attention to it.

The other criticism I came across was , "what exactly are you trying to achieve?" Which really isn't criticism,  it's more of a loaded question and a fair one. I can't and won't address that past this simple statement. I'm in pursuit of making a positive impact in this world. If I can't do it writing, I'll move on to the next avenue.

I have no shame. If I fail here, I'll pursue public speaking. If I fail there I'll pursue the next opportunity. If I fail after I fail, awesome, I'll get back up.

Failure really is my greatest ally. I became positive thru the most torturous times in my life. Bad luck builds character. Banging rocks together until I figure out how to take this spark of passion and nurture it from flame to fire to out an all out blaze. All in the name of a better world, starting with our individual corners of the world. I'll be the electricity to your outlet.

I'm not wired to let up, the intial support was all I needed to carry on thru the constructive(warranted) & unconstructive criticism(fuel for the fire). Nearly a month has elapsed since the pursuit of this idea came to life. Now I can say it has a heartbeat that will resonate far longer then any negative opinions or references that insinuate I sound uneducated ever will.

We all have dreams, wants, needs and factors that drive us. My dream was born in a torrential downpour. This is it. I want to do what was given to me. I need to do it, after all I promised Luke I would. A decade later I'm still trying. And no outside factors will likely change that. When you want or believe in something, keep on keeping on. Life is a time trial and it goes to those that never quit not really the swift.

So ill keep blogging thru the booing until further notice. Doubters, you to should keep on keeping on. I'll keep carrying my tune until I burn out or achieve my goal.

Anyone that reads this wants or needs something. Enjoy the journey of getting where your going and don't dwell in the end result. You WILL get there if you don't let up. Booing thru the blogging now, but I'll carry the tune until the booing drowns out and the message has a home in as many corners of the world as negativity does. Let's take back our population one day at a time.

My fingers race across the screen of my Android swiftly as I race the clock to finish this on my lunch break. Fortunately the message isn't on the clock so it won't let up. So keep bringing it Debbie downers, keep booing, telling me it's wasted energy and I'll keep carrying the tune on Amateur Night @ The Apollo.

Carry on Good People :)
Deuces
"A 5 year olds passion"
Joe Timreck

No comments:

Post a Comment